By way of recommendation, here are some writerly pieces I've enjoyed of late:
- Cam Rogers' site is in full-swing again. 7 Things I've Learned About Writing For Kids is a fine nutshell-article.
- In Walk, Jay Kristoff tackles rejection slips, and how to respond to the critters.
- Louise Cusack debates the role of the writer online, and authenticity vs spin.
- Patrick O'Duffy gives his embryonic novella The Obituarist an ultra-sound - even traces the moment of conception - and promises to deliver the thing within a couple of months.
- Alan Baxter discusses Writers as bitches and the investment of readers.
- And over at The View From Here, literary agent Simon Trewin rounds off his posts from the International Festival of Authors in Toronto with a short piece about Project Bookmark Canada.
Here's an illustration. It is because it is. Some things just are.