.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Thursday 13 August 2009

The view from Dylan Thomas' house


In response to my last post, Gary Davison (of Fat Tuesday and Streakers fame) asked me to post a pic of the view Dylan Thomas might've had from his house - what scene he'd be able to stare at when he was writing. I've (roughly) stitched a couple of shots together, taken from the path above his house, to try and capture this view. A stunning estuary. Although, when Thomas and his family lived there, coal was apparently delivered to a small dock right next to where his garden would've been. He had a shed about 100 metres further down the path, which he used as his main writing studio, and this can still be seen today, with pretty much the same view.

Talking of Gary D., he invited me to write a couple of pieces for his blog, so I'm a guest there at the moment. The first item was a hypothetical: what
I'd say if I met six (specific) famous people. He's posted this recently (but added a few photos of his own and a couple of comments too - Thanks, Gary!). The second will be a few comments about writing, and the third will be the opening lines for his next short story competition. See you there.

6 comments:

Michael J. Kannengieser said...

Hi Paul,
Lovely photo of Dylan Thomas' homestead view.

He had a shed about 100 metres further down the path, which he used as his main writing studio, and this can still be seen today, with pretty much the same view.

Do you have photos of the shed where he used to work?

I live near the (preserved) home of Walt Whitman. In contrast to Thomas' home view, across the street is a mall, aptly named the "Walt Whitman Mall." Not many "Leaves of Grass" there now.
-Mike.

Jane Turley said...

Yeah, I bet you weren't expecting that rather risque picture on Gary's blog - Yep, you know the one I mean!

I'm saving Streakers for my hols -if I pass out on the beach no one will notice:)

gary davison said...

Nice view, Paul! Of course he was expecting THAT picture, I apologised in advance:) Looking forward to posting the next posts.

Jane Turley said...

You are a FIBBER Gary! I've got the measure of you Mr D!!!!

garry davison said...

Well, maybe not the content of the picture, but i apologised none the less!

Paul Burman said...

Mike: That's a shame about the mall. They seem to get everywhere. I'll have a search for the shed photo - see if I took one.

Gary and Jane: Glad you two sorted that out!