.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Monday 21 September 2009

Back in blogdom

Gary Davison's short story competition is building up steam. He's announced the judges and is posting the occasional profile, and the choice of inspirational titles and opening sentences will be published on Monday 28th September (courtesy of *cough, cough* yours truly). For full details click here.

I like Gary's idea for the small entry fee, and wish I'd thought of som
ething like this myself. Instead of charging a flat fee, as many writing competitions do, all that competitors have to do is purchase a copy of his latest novel Streakers from Amazon and post a brief review of it there. It's a neat idea, and not just from a marketing perspective, but because it ensures that, even if competitors don't win one of the significant prizes, they'll still have a book to keep. I guess that's a win-win situation.

By the by, the final part of my interview with Dmetri Kakmi recently appeared in The View From Here, and the UK edition of his excellent me
moir Mother Land will be released by Eland in the next few days.

5 comments:

Jane Turley said...

That Gary Davison is a clever little blighter isn't he?!

Well I've got my copy but, you've guessed it, never read a single thing on my hols. I'm about half way through now....

Argh..so much to do and so little time....

Paul Burman said...

So slack, Mrs T. So slack. What do you think holidays are for? I hope you weren't relaxing?

gary davison said...

I'm with you, Paul. These women are complete slackers. Tennis, tea meetings, life is tough and time management so important!

Looking forward to the competition, but I think you're part of the management, so you come under a special category - must do story for showcase but can't enter :)

ps. thanks for all your help!

Jane Turley said...

Slack, slack? I have you know I work very hard indeed! (Well at crashing cars anyway..you gotta get the angle just right....)

Relaxing on my hols PB - with 5 males in 35 degree heat? Are you kidding? I'm all set for the North Pole next year...

Right, wears my latte...

Paul Burman said...

It's a tough life, Mrs T. Glad you survived the lack of a sewerage system.