.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Wednesday 29 February 2012

Book slam, recent read and listening to...

Following on from my last post, here's the Yewbert Blotter website link.  Saturday was a 40 degree day in Port, so the edges of my leaves had wilted a tad by the time I faced the Book Slam audience, but the adrenaline of performance lifted them a bit and I, at least, got a kick from reading Chapter 19 (Part Two) of Grease Monkey.  Had to dash straight after, unfortunately, not because it was inflammatory and I got chased off, but because I had another commitment.  Anyway, all the best to Yewbert Blotter.


I mentioned some time back how much I liked Jim Crace's novel Being Dead, and so recently followed up on this by reading Quarantine (Whitbread Novel of the Year, shortlisted for the Booker Prize).  It's a retelling of the 40 days and 40 nights in the wilderness story.  He's a fine storyteller is Jim Crace. Certainly makes me want to read another of his novels.

Also, listening to Clairy Browne and the Bangin' Rackettes a fair bit.  Wonderful Melbourne band with a great album, Baby Caught the Bus.  Here's the title song.


No comments: