.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Thursday 31 January 2013

The Green Man


After researching Leafy George (a.k.a. The Green Man) for The Snowing and Greening of Thomas Passmore, I ended up with a strong image in my head of what he looked like, and of what the corbel stone motif above Kate Hainley's house would look like.  Imagine my delight when I unwrapped a gift sent to me from the UK recently and found him grinning at me.

He now greets me every time I leave the back door.  His is a slightly manic presence - the oak-leafed image of a benign tree spirit or demigod, albeit one with a dark and mischievous streak.  He reminds me to look up at the trees whenever I walk or work in my garden.

I have it in mind to track down a duplicate and position him next to the front door of the house as a greeting to visitors.


3 comments:

Jane Turley said...

What a thoughtful and lovely present!

Netty said...

wow he is fabulous, how lucky you are. x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/

Paul Burman said...

Indeed, Jane. Indeed, Netty. Thank you both for dropping by.

May the Green Man be with you :-)