.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Monday 2 February 2009

If you're happy and you know it, clap your hands

I'm sitting at this here desk crazily clapping my hands (so excuse any typos).

In 8 weeks, 4 days and 4 hours (not that I'm counting), I'll be taking a few months off work to write. Have got a fair whack of Long Service Leave owing, so will be taking that to write and do a bit of other stuff too. Having a solid few months head-space to focus on writing is what I always crave... and it's now beginning to sink in that this is
drawing closer, seeing it finally appear on the horizon.

Hopefully, Number Two will be finished by then and, unless something dire happens (ie. publisher hates it), the title and the blurb will be revealed, and I can use the time to work on a couple of short stories, a couple of articles and, principally, Number Three. (I put an early draft of Number Three aside a couple of years back, and have thought about it regularly - getting the story sorted in my head - but haven't looked at the words since then.)

PS. No need to crack any jokes about having the clap - I got there already!

No comments: