.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Wednesday 18 February 2009

Visitor in the night


I found this fella in the kitchen last night. About five inches wide, but no harm in him. First time I saw a huntsman spiral up a tree, I thought it was a reptile. No point trying to catch him as they can move like greased lightning (not that I understand why anyone would need to grease lightning). He didn't stay for breakfast, but I opened the Cornflakes box carefully today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I was back packing in australia, a lad staying at the same hostel claimed he'd seen a huntsman dragging a cat up a tree. He was a bit of a bullshitter, but it didn't stop Karen and me pulling the covers tight up to our necks that night. If I remember right, Karen wore a pair of knickers on her head as well!

Paul Burman said...

A cat up a tree?! And the cat had a shark in its mouth!? Like it. And worth it to see the knickers on the head!

Kellie said...

I've never forgotten my first day of high school - simply for the fact that I woke up at 3am with a huntsman crawling on me! At 12 years old it scared the living daylights out of me.. but now spiders like that don't bother me too much - so long as they stay away from me that is!

It's always a bit scary though when you go to sleep and you know its there.. and then you wake up in the morning and it's gone! Hope it doesn't jump out at you at some point!

Paul Burman said...

That would give you a night to remember, Kellie. Thought I'd found this huntsman the following evening when I discovered it on the floor by my desk. Managed to trap it and get it out of the house. However, last night we found another one, which, like yours, was perched over our bed. Also trapped this one and released it outside, but it's got me to wondering how many more there are in the house at the moment. It's that time of year, I guess.