.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Tuesday 28 July 2009

The Writer's Almanac


A friend tuned me into The Writer's Almanac on American Public Radio. Each day, Garrison Keillor (in his rich, honeyed voice) reads a poem and provides a few literary anecdotes in response to a few literary anniversaries. For those of us who don't live in the States, the site can also be accessed online or subscribed to via email or podcast, and so I'm now enjoying a daily ration of this excellent show. While poetry can, I find, sometimes defeat itself by being too inaccessible, too obscure - too clever - I haven't come across a single selection from The Writer's Almanac that I haven't enjoyed immensely. I've also learned some interesting snippets about a few of the literary greats.

To view and/or subscribe, click here.

2 comments:

Swubird said...

Paul:

Thanks for the tip. I'll check it out.

Happy trails.

gary davison said...

Sounds interesting, Paul, I'll give it a go on my lunch tomorrow.