.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Friday 11 February 2011

826 Valencia: The Writing Center


Ahoy there, here's a site (and venture) that I was introduced to recently, which I think is especially worth shouting about.  826 Valencia: The Writing Center is, up front, a Pirate Supply Store, but behind the scenes it's a dynamic organisation aimed at giving kids/young adults (6-18 year-olds) a boost with their writing skills as well as promoting excitement about the literary arts.  As someone who works in both those areas, I'm blown away (me hearties!) by the fantastic range of opportunities they've created, and the website is well worth spending quite some time browsing or supporting in any way you can.  I'd love to be able to visit the pirate store, which really does sell eye patches, glass eyes, pirate dice, Jolly Roger flags, lock-picking kits... a whole range of wonderful pirate bounty - and I may well have to set sail on a voyage to America and San Francisco one day to do just that.  If only I could find a boat to capture...

The shop's FAQ page is a blast!


No comments: