.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Tuesday 8 February 2011

Through my head


Heard that wonderful track Choose Life from Trainspotting not so long back and, as usual, it's kept spinning through my head over and over again ever since.  You know, how with those old record players you could leave the arm up and the needle would get to the end of an album and then go straight back to the beginning and play over and over again - driving the neighbours stark raving mad... especially if you'd left home for a few hours.

Anyway, it made me realise that I didn't mention Trainspotting (directed by Danny Boyle) as one of the clutch of superb films from the nineties when I blogged about favourite films here a few months back, and it certainly didn't fit into the piece I did for The View From Here about Visconti, Bo Widerberg, Peter Weir et al, which you can find over there.  So I thought I should mention it now and, not only that, but get Choose Life out of my head (and stop myself from going even more raving mad) by playing it right here, right now.


"I chose not to choose life. I chose something else."

Talking of films, here's a great site that I've linked to before and well worth bookmarking if it's your thing too: Cinema Autopsy.

No comments: