.........BLOG..........................WEBSITE..........................REVIEWS.......

Thursday 5 May 2011

Listening to Cesaria Evoria

I have a couple of Cesaria Evora albums (L'Olympia and Cabo Verde) and give them a spin pretty darned regularly.  Her voice, her songs, are the epitome of mellow, and I can't help but relax whenever I listen to her at the end of a working day.  Her music is perfectly accompanied by antipasto - olives, semi-dried tomatoes, anchovies - cheese and a glass of wine, and I usually find myself dancing along, olive in one hand, glass in the other.  It is wonderfully haunting.

I intended to post one of my favourite tracks here with images of Evora performing live, but in searching this out on You Tube came across an absolute gem instead.  Cesaria Evora is performing Historia de un amor alongside Tania Libertad, accompanied by a beautifully haunting video.  Enjoy - I hope you do.


No comments: